Please read through the Policy before making an application.
Please note we are experiencing a high volume of requests for funding.
We welcome bids for projects that will require funding in 6 to 12 months time.
What we fund:
• Non-profit Community Groups and Organisations (not necessarily registered with the charity commission) working with children and young people up to the age of 25 years.
• Non-profit Community Groups and Organisations based within a 15 mile radius of Walsall.
• Small Registered Charities.
• Equipment costs.
• Staff and Project costs if vital to the organisation or charity.
• Institute of Cancer Research at the University of Birmingham.
• Hospital A&E Departments in the West Midlands
for specialised equipment.
Individuals: (Special circumstances only)
• To individuals who are known to one or more of the Trustees and fulfil the criteria as set out below.
• Individuals with special needs who are known to the Trustees and at the discretion of the Trustees.
• The above may apply for educational purposes even if there is no community benefit but only after ALL the statutory and other normal sources have been approached and reasons for their lack of support provided.
• The above may apply for medical purposes where the ‘treatment’ is not available on the NHS.
• Where overseas ‘treatment’ is being undertaken confirmation that it is not available in the UK.
• Independent medical support must be provided with application.
• Priority given if some wider community benefit.
What we DO NOT fund:
• Large National charities or affiliates with an income of over £150k
• Parties such as Christmas or similar
• Management or supervisory fees for any person connected with project.
• Overseas Students
• Charities and not for profit organisations with an income of more than £150,000 a year (except in exceptional circumstances and at the absolute discretion of the Trustees).
• Individuals unless special criteria is met.
• Applicants are required to fully complete an Application form
• Maximum grant awarded £1500.
• Applications for £800+ are assessed by the board of Trustees twice a year in October and April.
• Applications for £800 and less, providing application is fully complete and criteria clearly met, decisions will be made within 6 weeks.
• In cases of genuine emergency requests will be assessed immediately.
To apply for a grant please request an application form from Karen Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include a brief outline of your organisation and what the funds are required for.